Matcha Health Benefits
Green tea is simply the most researched "superfood" in the world. It's been a staple in humanity for thousands of years. And for a good reason. Matcha is basically a super-powered form of green tea. One serving of matcha is equal to about 10 servings of green tea. Here are the top health benefits of matcha.
Matcha contains high amounts of the antioxidant EGCG, found to provide many benefits such as:
- Weight Loss
- The EGCG in matcha has been shown to boost thermogenesis (fat burning) in humans along with daily exercise.
- Immune Boost
- EGCG also supports our body's natural immune system through immunomodulating effects.
- Free Radical Protection
- EGCG is also shown to help protect our body against oxidative damage or free radicals in our body.
2. Unique Caffeine
Steady energy without the jitters or crash.
- Clean Energy
- Not all caffeine is created equal. Matcha contains compounds that react with caffeine in the body to break it down more slowly than in energy drinks or coffee.
L-Theanine is an extremely rare amino acid found only in green tea and some mushrooms. This is one of the main reasons the Japanese samurais and monks have drank matcha for hundreds of years. It's extremely useful for focus and calm, during meditation and battle.
- L-Theanine has been shown to boost alpha waves in the brain, improving mental focus.
- When the brain is performing in an alpha wave state, the mind is more calm. This effect is also achieved through mediation.
Matcha is simply powdered green tea, and contains chlorophyll.
- Cleansing Properties
- The chlorophyll in matcha has been shown to boost the body's natural immune system.